Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

In the interest of fairness and open dialog

I guess I'll start this out by telling you about myself.
The Early Years
I grew up in a lower middle class suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the USA. The youngest of three kids I have two older sisters, mom raised us as my father died when I was ten years old. Dad was a great guy and loved by everyone he met, He was raised Roman Catholic from a largish family who all loved each other very much. Mom was shy and very conservative having grown up privileged and Southern Baptist. Other important people in my live as a child and young adult were my paternal Grandmother who loved me dearly but seemed to know I would turn out gay. She actually told me once not to use the word pretty. "only girls use that word. Men don't even notice these things". I was describing a field of flowers at the time. My uncle "Brother" Richard a catholic brother and track coach for the Christian school he worked at, A great guy who I never really gave to much time to, mainly because I didn't want any other man in my life but my dad and he was already gone. The only other person who had a major impact on my life was my best friend Eric, and well get into that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment