Search This Blog

Sunday, December 9, 2012

It's been forever.

Hi Guys, Gals and everyone in the mix,
I've gotten over my depression for the most part and am on the road to recovery. The good news is that I NEVER had a stroke. After nearly a year of living in uncertainty of what my condition was I found out who the doctor who was overseeing my care at the hospital when I was originally brought in for the "stroke" and he said that I never actually had one but they couldn't see any reason for the damage. H ordered an MRI of my neck and found out what is happening is I have such damage to my vertebrae in my neck (and most likely all of my back) that there are areas where my spinal fluid is being pushed away from my spinal cord. This is what is causing my pain and other symptoms. The doctor seems pretty sure that surgery can help me but they have to run a lot more MRIs and x-rays to make sure of all of the damaged areas. I consider that good news. Now I know what I'm dealing with, and that there is hope.

John is doing very well. He has been dieting and has lost 30 some odd pounds and is cutting out many of his diabetes drugs. He started a new job at a radio station that he was told would be news radio but has turned out to be Republican Pundits' galore. He is not happy with the stuff they play but he loves the job other than that and they love him.

All of our "fur children" are fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment