Search This Blog

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Well it's been a while but I've been through so much lately that I didn't want to be a complete downer.
As you may have read about 2 and a half years ago I started having paralysis/stroke symptoms on my left side. For a little over 2 years I was told I had had a stroke and that it probably wasn't going to get any better. A few months ago they found out it wasn't a stroke but 2 discs in my neck that were clamping down so hard on my left side nerves that it looked to all the world like I had a stroke.

Well on April 18th I had surgery to correct the damage. They removed the discs and fused the vertebrae together. except for some lingering pain and discomfort I'm whole again. I can walk and use my left arm and hand with little to no problems. I can move my neck but it's still weak from being trapped in a neck brace for 6 weeks (I still have 2 weeks of on and off time with it).

I'm actually starting to feel like life is worth living again, it had been touch and go there for a while.
It just reminds me that no matter how far I am gone from who I was and want to be there is always hope. There is always light at the end of the journey. I see the fact that this happened so I was healing during Beltaine and my 50th birthday as a sign that better things are headed my way. 

May the bright ones, Lords and Ladies, all bless you and keep you guessing what's next. Remember it's the ride that's important not where you end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment