Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

Back home from a wonderful Vacation.

I'm sorry I've been away, my intent was to post every day of vacation but I just couldn't get myself to do it. It felt wrong to be on the web when I had the most beautiful landscape and seascape to look at.
We arrived at Provincetown, MA on Saturday with enough time to actually unpack with the sun still up. Unfortunately Saturday night is when my left ankle decided that it was on vacation as well and kept going out on me. So I hobbled around as best I could and we ended up seeing Miss Richfield (A drag queen) doing her bingo show. It was great even though I was dead tired and almost fell asleep before hand.
Sunday we went to Church at the incredibly impressive Universalist Church in P-town as is one of our traditions. and went grocery shopping (Yeah we're a lot like a normal family). Monday it was very very windy and they wouldn't take the boats out for whale watching so we did that on Tuesday. It was OK but not our best trip out. By Wednesday I was starting to feel bad and noticed some cellulitis developing on my right ankle so seeing as there is no medical care on the cape itself we just hoped for the best and I treated myself as best I could. On Thursday We began packing up because we decided to take the last few day and drive up to John's family in Maine to look at land for sale, we want to move to Maine for John's retirement.
I got to meet John's cousin Mike's Girlfriend Willa and his cousin Mahlia. Both wonderful people.
So the cellulitis was getting bad I was getting dizzy a lot and sweating like a faucet by Sunday for out 10 1/2 hour trip home. Thankfully I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. That assumes I can make it as walking on this foot is amazingly painful.

2 comments:

  1. Ya know Joe, just posting your normal vacation and family visit is another truth for this blog. You are normal, you do things together and, yes, you also have some rough time that have nothing to do with you sexuality. You're normal... despite evidence and eye-witness accounts to the contrary. Part of this blog is not just you opinion but you life. Be true.
    Love, your bro

    ReplyDelete