Search This Blog

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Waking to a coming Dawn.

I originally posted to my LJ account back in 2007. I really like it so I'm posting it here.

Waking to a coming dawn.

            I woke up yesterday. Really woke up. I understand that I was dreaming this whole time and now that I'm awake the images and experiences in my dream state make sense. I am not admonishing myself for being a dreamer, more the opposite, I'm thanking the dreamer and honoring the dream. 
I have dreamed I was a person of power only to wake up and see it was truth.
I have dreamed I was loved and woken to find it true.
I have dreamed of light and love and found I am a source of these gifts.
I have dreamed my path was an easy one, it is not the truth but the effort is worth the pain.
I dreamed that I was above the need for sex, but that is a dream that is anathema to life.
I had dreamed that what I did to my body was of no consequence as my focus was to be on my fellow man only to find that I must care for myself as much as I care for others. If I don't honor myself on all levels that I am denying my own self worth.
I have found that just dreaming is never enough. My actions must be a reflection of my dreams for the world.

Now that my eyes are open to the true light of day I know that the universe has a plan. I see the underlying connections and consequences of my actions and inaction. I see the light of the universe returning to our world, exposing the dark things the night allowed to usurp our potential and our truths.

I am Joe Leven.
And I woke up yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment