Search This Blog

Saturday, September 4, 2010

S.A.D.D. aka Spiritual Attention Deficit Disorder.

I’m at a strange place right now. I, like many spiritualists, am approaching a huge leap in my soul’s journey. Connections are flying fast and furious and I’m taking these connections as the gifts they are, however they compete with one another for my attention.  One of my greatest downfalls is a sort of Spiritual Attention Deficit Disorder (Now to be called SADD); I get so excited over new experiences and concepts that I forget the things I’m already working on. I have to remain focused on the things that are most important to me and retain my center; it’s very hard for this bear.
2 things are important to me at the moment:
1) Creating an Intentional Community: John and I want to be able to retire to a home surrounded by those we love and where there’s magic in the air. Finding people who want to be a part of this is proving to be hard as many people don’t want to live in Maine, but the open spaces and natural beauty are compelling reasons to start a faerie community up there.

2) Keep reaching for the Light and understanding the presence of recurring themes in my life. The connection of Egyptian energies and the style of Reiki I was taught, the constant draw toward ceremonial magic and the need to seek the meaning of certain beings in my life. I believe that like the Angel Raziel showed Adam, there is a path to oneness and I am on this path. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't have any quick and easy answers to this one. I've always been the type who stays with one spiritual path as a home, but integrates other spiritualities into my work. My spiritual home is Christianity, but I am definitely of the esoteric variety these days. I think it was Buddha who said something like, "if it works, it is the truth."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lesson I'm learning as I go.

    ReplyDelete