Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

To sleep, perchance to rest... that is the question.

I've known I had sleep apnea for many years. but it's gotten really bad in the last year or so and I figured it was time to have a sleep study done. I had one on Easter Sunday night and it was awful. I couldn't sleep between all the wires attached to me and the ultra soft bed making my back ache.

They were able to get me to sleep for about 2 hours and had enough information to tell I stop breathing 90 TIMES IN A HOUR. I don't even get a full minute of sleep before choking. They will be setting me up with a CPAP machine and hopefully I'll be able to get some actual rest like I haven't had in years.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! I hope that CPAP helps you. I don't get the sleep I should get, either. Not sure if it's apnea (I snore like crazy) or the water pills getting me up every 1.5-2 hours. Sleepus interruptus!!

    ReplyDelete