Search This Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

The Big post on My Spiritual Path, or...

The way of the Neo-Atlantian.

As my life changes, I’m finding myself needing to vocalize and set down my path. I’m a neo-pagan but I feel I’m a bit outside the mainstream pagan (try getting that to fit inside your brain). I’m a light worker, I practice Reiki, I’m an empath, and a Shaman.

I’m also something beyond all of those concepts. I’m an “out” Mage. I let people know I’m a will worker and have no qualms sitting and discussing the “occult” with non-believers and the general public. I feel it’s time to step outside our secretive ways and stand in the light.

But what IS a Neo-Atlantian? What makes me any different than any other pagan?  Maybe nothing but I’m still going to type this out.

Let’s start out with “What is my concept of Atlantis?”
Plato discusses Atlantis twice. First is In Timaeus http://www.sacred-texts.com/cla/plato/timaeus.htm and then again in Critias http://www.sacred-texts.com/cla/plato/critias.htm
In these we understand that there was a world before the ancient Greeks and Egyptians, so old that no one really knows its name, the name Atlantis is acknowledged as a Greek pseudonym.
From there we have Ignatius Donnelly’s Atlantis, The Antediluvian World. http://www.sacred-texts.com/atl/ataw/index.htm
I have my own past life memories of a land ancient and amazing to me. I will be going into that in my next posting on Spirituality.
The basic concept to me is a community passed on democracy and deep social justice. A place like America should be. Science and faith are one and the same thing, compassion and wisdom are key thoughts on everyone’s minds, a place where no one goes hungry or scared to be whom and what they are.

What is the “Ultimate Goal” of my path?
I’m trying to tie a lot of loose disparate concepts together and mold them into my spirituality. I believe in Psychic phenomena, Aliens, Angels, Magic, polytheism, new age philosophy and am very Universalist in my views of faith.
My main gods and goddesses are Ptah, Obatala, Odin, Hestia, The triple Goddess, Isis, Horus, and Thor. A disparate grouping to be sure but they all have a place in my soul. But I know they are all aspects of a greater power. I feel that the Angel Raziel is guiding me to a path that is all my own towards greater union with the divine in the universe. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raziel I feel we all have our own version of the “Book of Raziel” built into our souls, like it’s encoded into our DNA, and we all have the duty to ourselves and our greater selves (past and future lives) to walk the path our personal books direct us to. I’m finding that the longer I’m true to my path the stranger and more wonderful my life becomes.

Rules for living the Neo-Atlantian dream…
  1. Speak the truth about all matters of importance. I believe there is room in my life for little white lies, common courtesies, but never if asked directly and never if answering a question of importance to the questioner.
  2. Defend yourself and others. Compassion and caring are central tenants of my path, as is defending the weak and those less empowered than myself.
  3. Reveal falsehoods. We all see them every day. People led to believe things are factual when they clearly are not.
  4. Take care of yourself as well as you take care of others. We can’t forget to have compassion for ourselves. We are as important as the rest of the world. For me and many others this is an important lesson.
  5. Get rid of the excess in your life. Material objects can be wonderful but they have a tendency to add to the stagnation in your life, they are also distractions that keep you from becoming your most perfect self.
  6. Be especially thankful for all things, Life is an amazing thing. It really is what you make of it so be thankful for all things, good and bad, as they are all ‘mile markers’ along your path.
  7. LOVE! I cannot express this enough. Love the people in your life. Let them KNOW what they mean to you. Never let a chance go by to tell them what you feel. Take no one for granted because it reduces both of you. I try to live this but life gets in my way quite a bit.
  8. Study and Learn as much as you can. Knowledge and wisdom are important things. Try to be well rounded, learn what you need to survive and what you will need to help your community survive as well.

I’m sure I will be adding to this as I walk my path but this is the basics. I hope I have explained myself to some degree.

Love and Lightning,
Joe

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This post made a whole lot of sense to me. Thank you for writing this and being so honest! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the wonderful comment Alex. Welcome to my world.

    ReplyDelete