Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sort of a Rant, but not really.

Firstly I want to apologize for my lack of posting. I just ran out of words there for a bit.

Ignorance is NOT bliss and the Ignorant are not blissful


I am full of pique at the people of America who are condemning the Muslim cultural center in Manhattan, and Mosques around the country. If they would only stop being led by Fox News and the right wing fuckwads who spread hate, they might realize that all Muslims are not the cause for the Terror attacks of 9/11 any more than all Catholics are responsible for Priests who molest children. The thought is ridiculous and honestly shows how far our fellow American's minds have degraded.
We have a constitution that states there is religious freedom in America. No one has the right to block or even fucking protest the erection of a place of worship, no matter who they are. My fellow pagans, mystics, spiritualists, etc. we need to stand up to the Christian power base on this and protest their protestations.
While my personal opinions of Islam are very strong I will not allow anyone to abuse a minority group who has done nothing to us. The majority of Muslims I know are good and loving people who don't deserve any of this crap.
If this were a Wiccan cultural center and this was happening I know just about everyone I know would be up in arms, writing letters, raising funds and protesting the people against the center. There is really no difference here. The Muslim people as a group did NOT cause 9/11 and deserve some peace from the constant persecution they are experiencing It's not right more than a little evil and definatly UNAMERICAN.

Love and Lightning,
Grimm

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it interesting that they understand nuance between christian sects (Catholic, Baptist, Episcopal) but can only deal with other religions the as monolithic cultures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the fact that they don't care to know that's really sad.

    ReplyDelete