Search This Blog

Monday, August 30, 2010

Inspiration Monday 8/30/2010: It's not to late.

No song posting today. What I want to say need no gilding of the Lilly. When I get depressed it's usually the same trigger, The feeling that I've let my life slip by and accomplished nothing. It's really hard to look at myself and think "I'm just now admitting to myself that what I thought were pipe dreams when I was young is the ACTUAL direction my life is supposed to take". But that's what's happening.
I have always dreamed of living full time as a mystic, living in a place where i was surrounded by love and friends  breathing in the fresh air and dancing around bonfires in the night.
John and I are looking into starting up an Intentional Community (That's the new spin on the word Commune) and this will actually allow me to do exactly what I've wanted.
We're looking in the lovely state of Maine for a large piece of property off the beaten track where we will build at least 1 prefab hound house to start with more added as people start moving to join the community.
My only problem (and it's a big one) is that John doesn't want to start this for 10 years. He'll be 69 and I'' be 57, will that be too old? I don't know but the adventure itself is worth the journey.

2 comments:

  1. Forming a community sounds like a good idea to me - we are big fans of intentional community. I'm not sure about the 10 year delay, and I wonder about Maine - will your neighbors be far enough away and OK with your lifestyle? And don't forget to check with your local zoning board. I strongly recommend Diana Leafe Christian's books on starting an intentional community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input! I would like to start this asap but John is intent on working until he's forced to retire. I Love Intentional Community I just wish i could do half of what I read on there.
    I'll look for those books this weekend.

    ReplyDelete