Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

A very special Inspiration Monday: 8/23/2010


Life is a very strange and wonderful thing. While it can throw some amazingly bad things at you out of nowhere it also has a way of slapping you upside the head with something, or in my case someone, truly wonderful.
Not to long after John and I had started living together we were sitting in his office area of Phoenix Hi Fi. (His old stereo store) just talking about our pasts and he mentioned his old college roommate Ken. He said he actually missed speaking to him and wondered what ever had happened to him after college. I encouraged John to contact Villanova and see if he could get in touch with Ken so he called the University and lo-and-behold Ken had been tying to find John. So they gave John Ken’s number and he called.
John and Ken had a nice chat and when John mentioned he had recently gotten married Ken wanted to speak to me. Well there was an instant connection between us and our discussion turned to the metaphysical much tom John’s surprise.
Well long story short Ken and I shared a past live and He owed me big time. (I’ll get to that in a future tale I promise). I went to meet Ken on my own one weekend and He took me to see the most astounding woman named Brenda.
Brenda, Ken and I have a very strange past life connection and it has deep resonances with me even today. Ken had introduced me to Brenda so she could teach me Reiki http://www.reiki.org/faq/whatisreiki.html and get my healing gifts more under control.
What Ken didn’t tell me was that He had promised Brenda that I would teach her to read Tarot “by the book” something I do not do. Brenda and I had a whirlwind session of Reiki training and attunements that I will never forget. Brenda herself is one of the most compassionate and loving people I know and I kind of worship her as one of my great teachers. Well from those initial 2 meetings I have grown significantly as a healer and a man and I attribute some of that to Brenda even though we seem to keep loosing touch, mainly due to my being a terrible correspondent and friend.
In the past few weeks I have been getting the call to actually DO SOMETHING with my healing gifts and I really was feeling a bit outside my comfort zone (as I’m a bit of a chicken when it comes to expressing what I can do) and I really wanted to talk to Brenda about what and where and who to set myself up as a healer so I decided to search for her on-line for the thousandth time. Here she’s on Facebook, who knew!
So we’re getting back in touch and I’ve had 2 Reiki sessions in one weekend with at least one repeat customer and the potential for a referral from him to his family member. I’m feeling calm (strange for me) and like I’m starting to walk a path I had long forgotten was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment