Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I have the gay.

Yesterday was "National Coming Out Day" and Well I have to confess that I am a homosexual man. I know it's a huge shock to you all. It's a wonderful thing to be able to celebrate our pride and wonderfully empowering.

Today is a much more sober day. Today is the anniversary of the death (Murder) of Matthew Shepard. I remember when I first heard about his death, how I just couldn't wrap my mind around the evil. I wondered even back then if I shouldn't be looking at another country to live in.
Now we have a group of kids killing themselves because of bullying and the Christian Right ramping up their hatred openly and I ask myself again, Why do I stay here?
Of course money is a major factor. I have none and you need money to do anything in this world. But I have another issue. I'm sick of running from them. I'm sick of hiding and avoiding them.

No comments:

Post a Comment