Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

John and the Media server from Heck! (OooooOOoo Spooky)

John is a computer/technology geek supreme. I love it as i am almost retro-technology inclined. I have trouble getting pens that click to work.
He created this amazing (ly complicated) server for the media center he hopes to someday have. We have hundreds of DVDs and tens of thousands of music files on the primary media server and he created a smaller unit to turn the TV into a computer system all it's own. He was trying to tweak the system so that the volume could be controlled using the wheel on the mouse where right now it's controlled via the keyboard.

He found some programs online and wound up getting a virus on the TV server and his desktop.  Taking care of the virus was no big deal once he talked to the tech guys at work but trying to get the sound to sync with the video was frustrating him. He likes to listen to things really loudly while I'm not fond of loud noises (music is the one exception but only certain musics). I turned the sound down and he got a hair up his ass and all grumpy and walked out of the room. I know he's stressed but hell I just wanted to not hear the TV so loud, it was unnecessary. He was non-communicative until morning and I still think he needs to apologize to me for being a bit of a prick.

2 comments:

  1. See previous entry. He might still be a little sore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No he's just easily frustrated with technology that will not bend to his will.

    ReplyDelete